Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 31st: We're Now in a Threesome



Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing fantastic.

Uh! I feel so much pressure with this ridiculous timer at the top of my screen. If my email doesn't make sense, don't judge.

To start off...Wednesday morning our Branch President, President Krueger came in the middle of class and asked to talk to me and my companion. Long story short...Sister Black is no longer a Solo Sister. We are now in an official trio companionship. Poor Black Shimai had to say good bye to her district. It's not like we never see them, but she's just having a hard time not being with them all day every day. I would be sad too. But I guess it's good practice for transfers once we are actually in Japan.

Shimai's: Hansen, Dobson, Black (their new companion), Farnsworth (who had to go home because of her knees)

Sister Black is super cute, and I've already learned a lot from her. It's been good to shake up the rhythm my companion and I had. We need a change in routine. And some of my favorite lessons we've taught is when all 3 of us are participating and working together to communicate our feelings. I'm excited to spend the next couple weeks with each other.

We got our new Kohai Senkyoshi (New Missionaries). We have 4 Shimai and they are all SUPER cute! There is Sister Walker and Sister Budge. Sister Budge's parents are the new mission presidents in Tokyo right now. She has also lived in Japan for 12 years. And her Japanese is...amazing!  She finds out today whether or not she could leave the MTC early to go to Japan. If her Japanese is good enough she'll leave when we do. Sister Walker is going to KOBE!! And Sister Budge is going to Sapporo. Then we have Sister Buhler and Sister Eddy. They are both going to Fukuoka and I like them lots. It's been fun for me to get to talk with them every night and get to know them better. They are all amazing and I'm excited to get to know them more.


Really quick to finish up. On Tuesday we had an awesome devotional! It was by Robert P. Swenson. The missionary service director. He talked about some great things, ways that we need to be a successful missionary. He analyzed Alma 34:37-41. Super powerful verses.

This week has gone by TONS faster. I'm excited. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel even though I don't feel ready at all! It's ok. Although some days (most days actually) may be discouraging and frustrating with Japanese. I'm working on being more cheerful.  Happy to serve the Lord. This is a once in a life time opportunity! Why not take advantage of it!

I love you all more than words can express!!
-Dobson Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment