Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy 22nd Birthday Dobson Shimai



March 25, 2013

Hello!!! I love you all SOO much! 

 
Yesterday was my 22nd Birthday.  

WOW that sounds OLD!!!




 




Thank you wonderful family for the wonderful Birthday package. It was so fun!! You definitely helped me have a happy day. :) 








  

 


Sister Davis made me  Okonamiaki and cake for my birthday.  Ymmmm  Thanks Sister Davis  :)

 



 
 
Japan decided to give me a nice big present for my birthday as well. It starts with Bron and ends with chitis. Yay! Yep. For my birthday weekend I got to go to the hospital for Bronchitis.  What a wonderful way to celebrate the BIG 22. You have to admit it is a little amusing. I probably will never forget my 22nd birthday.

 
Well enough about me. This week with our investigators!

Monday we taught Ay*** Shimai. We taught about baptism and she understood really well. We reset her baptismal date. We had a potential one in mind for April 21st. I pulled out my calendar and showed her the date. She then shook her head and said, `I want it earlier` and pointed to April 14th. She can make it, she has had all the lessons.



The thing that is just holding her back is that she is struggling a little to keep the word of wisdom. We told her we would work with her to make it to the 14th. And I think she is way more excited and more motivated because she chose her own date. She did so good with keeping the Word of Wisdom this week! The first time she had a cup of tea was on Saturday. Which is a HUGE improvement for her. We had another lesson planned with her this week, but she got sick and wasn`t able to meet. But we are so excited for our lesson with her tonight. She is just so close! She just needs a few fine tune ups here and there.

We had a lesson with Ni*** San. The lady who the Elders found, who came to church last week. We just did really simple the how to begin teaching. We started off with a hymn and a prayer. She was so impressed by the words in the hymn. I think it might have been her favorite part of the lesson.

But throughout the whole lesson she kept making comments like, `It`s not like that in Buddhism. But I like that.` When we talked to her about prayer she was like, `Wait. So you can say whatever you want? That makes sense. Last week at church I kept looking through your scriptures to find out where people were reading the words from. I like that you can say whatever you want`.

She is so prepared and you can see when the Spirit touches her heart it makes sense and her spirit is helping her remember. Every time we taught a new doctrine you can see a little light go on. I think one of my favorite parts of missionary work is seeing people come to Spiritually thirsty, and have them walking away from the lesson refreshed. That is what happened with her lesson.

She is so great! She came to church on Sunday and stayed for all 3 hours. She pulled flipped through the hymn book and started writing down all the words in a little notebook. She just kept saying, `I love this phrase. Oh! That really makes sense.` This week I am going to give an extra mini hymn book I have. I am sure she will love it! I am so excited for her. She really is starting to progress and we can`t wait to teach her this week too!

We had a lesson with a PI that we found. He is an old man who used to be a Buddhist monk. We taught him with the Elders. Whether he was generally interested in our message or just interested in learning about more religions is a different thing. But the Elders set up another appointment with him so maybe he`ll actually be interested and start progressing.

We had more appointments set up for this week but either the person cancelled or didn`t show up which was a bummer....but we are hoping to see more this week.

Today we went to the Shimogamo Shrine which is right across the street from the church.










News for this week. President Zinke just got a letter from the missionary committee. Missionaries are now allowed to email all family, friends, Priesthood leaders, and converts!!  So basically everyone except for Elders in my area. So...don`t get carried away, or do :) . (Letters are still awesome ;) ) But feel free to email me if it is more convenient.

Well that`s basically little old (wow. now I AM old) me.
Love you all so much!

-Dobson Shimai 

 Pictures from the Birthday Package





Thanks Grandma Grandpa and Shawn -  I LOVE IT!!!! :)

When All You Have is 7 Outfits- New Clothes are a Welcome Change

Oh How I Have Missed Salt and Vinegar Chips!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment