Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baptism!!!







May 13, 2013
Whoa. I typed that and realized I have been a missionary for exactly 11 months. What?! Crazy!!
Family, it was so good to hear all of your voices! I love you all so much! The next time I hear your face, I`ll also get to see your face. ;) Yay!


[We were able to talk to Nicole for 59 minutes on Mother’s Day.  It was so good to hear her voice.  She is so happy and full of the spirit.  It was great that each of the kids were able to talk to her too. ]

Well not a whole lot of time today. Sorry.
But the most important thing....

AY*** SHIMAI GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay! I was so happy to finally see her enter the waters of baptism! (twice actually...her foot popped up the first time. haha.)

She was so happy and after she was confirmed she had so much more light added to her face! I love it!!!!!!
Quick update. Sh*** San is doing really well. We had a good lesson with her. She said that when she reads the Book of Mormon, no matter what it is about she feels happy. She said, “It is fun. But not…”  and I quote,  “Fun like at a party. Because after a party you feel empty. It`s a lasting happy.`” Wow! I can`t believe she can just recognize that on her own! She is amazing!

We went to a YSA activity with her on Saturday. She loved interacting with everyone and just fits right in. 


Afterwards we invited her to Ay***SH*** Shimai`s baptism. She had a lot of really good questions about baptism. She asked who would perform the baptism, do they have to be qualified, why only boys have the priesthood, and if we baptize babies. When we said you can`t get baptized until you are 8 she said, `Oh. That makes sense. Before 8 you probably wouldn`t understand everything you needed to.` She`s seriously SO GOLDEN!!! LOVE HER!!

She could only stay for the first part of the baptism on Sunday so we didn`t get a chance to talk to her. We were planning on texting her when we got home from church to follow up with it. But she beat us to the punch, texted us and said, `Thanks so much for letting me join you today. It was a very special experience.` I can`t wait to get to talk to her about it.
I am just so happy!
Well the week wasn`t too eventful. Had some lessons. Struggling to find new investigators...
Yep. That`s about it.

Well I love you all so much. Have a great week!

Love,
Dobson Shimai 


These are pictures from the Young Single Adult Activity we attended with Sh**** San  the members couldn't get over me in this wig and glasses.





Sh**** San was having fun with the monkey suit and crazy glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment